Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:01:43 -0800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: rotate dialing

On 2001-03-28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:05:18 -700
   >On my Pentium I have not been able to get Nettamer to do rotate
   >dialing although I have made it active. It was not bothering me for
   >a long time but since short the three local telephone numbers I can
   >choose of are available to me at least at different times of the day
   >and at very irregular and erratic time schedule.
   >Anybody an idea what could cause that and how to solve.
   >Or should I try to get an answer from uncle Dave direct?

If you have verified that your setting in the user defaults "advanced" 
section is "C - Rotate Dial Between Listed Numbers: Y" then you've done 
all you can with Net-Tamer itself.  Is it possible that your modem is 
not responding with a "BUSY" message to Net-Tamer when the line is busy?  
Generally, in order to get the modem to respond with a "BUSY" message, 
you have to send "X4" to the modem in the init string or at least be 
_sure_ that extended result codes are enabled by default.  I don't know 
whether Net-Tamer will automatically rotate _if_ the number simply rings 
but doesn't answer.  In that case, most modems will time out and respond 
with "NO CARRIER."  There's no easy way to test how Net-Tamer will 
handle this unless it happens to you.

If none of this has helped you, you could try writing to Uncle Dave.  

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to