Date: 26 May 2001
From: Heimo Claasen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: rotate dialing

AFAIK the "reset" (Hayes-mode) command for modems makes that any
following commands are not read if not preceded with a new "at".  To be
on the sure side I always make the initiation lines like this:

atZ0^MatX1\N2... etc
Maybe even a little pause after the reset does some good:
at^Z0~at[etc].

Often, the "Zn" or "&Zn" would be defined for to take a stored,
costumized profile from the modem's RAM. All (external) modems I came
over for the past years used "&F" as the "factory setting" of
profiles. Except for a few variations for the auto-, -reliable, and
likewise compression protocols, the factory settings mostly worked
well with a lot of different provider's dial-in points.

// Heimo Claasen // <hammer at revobild dot net> // Brussels 2001-04-
The WebPlace of ReRead - and much to read  ==>  http://www.revobild.net

(This has been the N-th time I stole a tagline from Constant's, <g>)



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to