Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 18:26:55 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: rotate dialing

On 2001-05-25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >came over for the past years used "&F" as the "factory setting" of
   >profiles. Except for a few variations for the auto-, -reliable, and
   >likewise compression protocols, the factory settings mostly worked
   >well with a lot of different provider's dial-in points.

The USR modems seem to be an exception (Constant said he has a USR) in 
that &F1 is considered by those who use those modems to be the better 
set than &F (which is also available on a USR).  I think that the &F 
default disables some essential features required for the modem to work 
properly over a PPP connection, but I shouldn't say that without having 
a manual that shows the difference between the sets.  I don't have a USR 
myself but have followed comp.dcom.modems and also a USR user forum in 
the past and all the users recommended AT&F1 as a basic init string.  
That should actually be enough, but I guess if someone wants to use ATZ 
to reset the modem, then saving the default with AT&W0 would take care 
of that.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to