ralph wrote:
 > Hi Paul,
 > > i was starting to think i was done with this, but i guess i'm not.
 > Rather that re-tread worn ground, how about a considered reply to my
 > suggestion that all headers be known to nmh and the user having to add
 > to that list, or pass it as the value of a `wire' header.  :-)
 > http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2016-10/msg00189.html

i think i got distracted by the mention of marmite and beer-brewing in
the same paragraph.  :-P

but really, i think your proposal goes further than necessary.  clearly,
i don't think much of a "solution" is currently necessary at all, since
i don't think there's much of a problem.  but i don't think the additional
issue you raise, of typo'd headers, is a big one -- and in any case it
feels somewhat orthogonal to the namespace pollution issue.  if we wanted
a "typo solution" (which, as you say, would probably involve teaching
nmh about all valid headers), we could implement that on top of any
namespace we choose, independent of Nmh- prefixes.

paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 57.9 degrees)