On 12/09/2016 13:09, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/09/16 13:14, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
>> I think Marcel created OAK-4791 for the same. So that should take care
>> of enforcing this constraing
>
> Indeed. For trunk I just enabled the check against the 1.7 signature.
>
> I will backport the plugin configuration to the branches and change
> the version to 1.6 if possible. Otherwise we do it once 1.7 usages
> are removed on the branches.
Sorry if it's redundant but I didn't have the time yet to check the commits.

Here's, from another project I worked on, how to enforce a specific java
version at compile time.

The build will fail if it's not compiled with the appropriate java version

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>1.4.1</version>
   <executions>
      <execution>
         <id>enforce-java</id>