On 2016-09-12 14:09, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
Hi,

On 12/09/16 13:14, Chetan Mehrotra wrote:
I think Marcel created OAK-4791 for the same. So that should take care
of enforcing this constraing

Indeed. For trunk I just enabled the check against the 1.7 signature.

I will backport the plugin configuration to the branches and change
the version to 1.6 if possible. Otherwise we do it once 1.7 usages
are removed on the branches.

Regards
 Marcel

Thanks, Marcel.

So we now enforce JDK7 compliance on trunk, and JDK6 compliance on the release branches (1.0, 1.2, 1.4).

Given the fact that we already shipped two releases of 1.4 which did require JDK7 features (and apparently nobody noticed), should we consider allowing JDK7 features in 1.4 as well?

Advantages:

- makes it easier to backport code from trunk to 1.4

Disadvantage:

- is a somewhat big change within a release branch (but maybe nobody cares?, see above)

Best regards, Julian

PS: and once we have decided on this, we should have the same discussion about Jackrabbit...