Hi,

On 14/09/16 13:27, Julian Reschke wrote:
So we now enforce JDK7 compliance on trunk, and JDK6 compliance on the
release branches (1.0, 1.2, 1.4).

Given the fact that we already shipped two releases of 1.4 which did
require JDK7 features (and apparently nobody noticed), should we
consider allowing JDK7 features in 1.4 as well?

There are still JVMs on Java 6 that are supported by vendors, even
though some require you to pay for extended support. But then, Java
7 and 8 are out for a while now and should be available on almost
all platforms.

I'm not particularly excited to change the supported JDK version
between 1.4 releases, but I think it is fine. As of December last
year we don't test on Java 6 anyway:

http://jackrabbit.markmail.org/thread/t3gzwi25tcz6masg

Regards
 Marcel