On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 08:32:42PM +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> - Jenkins will build and check your patch for warnings. If you generate
> warnings in some of the configurations that Jenkins checks for, you will
> get an email w/info about that. No other humans will waste time on your
> patch before it is ready and clean of all nits(warnings, whitespace errors,
> etc.).

What exactly is checked by jenkins currently? I suggest at least one
build with the default "./configure" (no options) and one with as many
"./configure" options enabled as is possible on the build host.

The build should also start from a fresh checkout (i.e. it should run
bootstrap/autogen.sh) to also test if configure.ac, Makefile.am's etc.
contain errors.

Also, do you pass --disable-werror (currently needed, I think) or other
stuff such as -Wall, -Wextra, others?

You could also (always) do an out-of-tree build, that will catch issues
when builddir != srcdir automatically.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org