Actually, in some ways nothing has changed when we switched to Gerrit.

Before Gerrit, OpenOCD maintainers had stopped lifting patches into git and
now we don't lift them into Gerrit. Same thing, except with Gerrit contributors
(or anyone) have the option of lifting patches into Gerrit themselves.

> That's great if it ends up being a good thing for the project when
> hindsight becomes available. I hope it does.

We decided to switch to Gerrit only after catastrophic failure of the
existing process.

I stopped submitting patches for two weeks and nobody else
submitted. Clearly the process was broken.

Things have improved infinitely after we introduced Gerrit. Patches
are now being submitted again.

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
US toll free 1-866-980-3434