On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:18:18 +0200
Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:

> You need an OpenID from somewhere (let me know if you want one from me)
> You need to register on a web page and pick a username
> You need to set an HTTP password or upload a public SSH key
>
> The above takes not two minutes.

If you have no idea what OpenID is, have only a basic understanding of
git and want to first understand what you are doing to avoid stupid
mistakes, then it takes maybe an hour or two to get up and working.

But i have to say, comparing patch submission with gerrit and w/o,
i think that gerrit is by far superior to anything i've seen until now.

Yes, the first patch takes quite a bit of time. But then it's just like
pushing patches to an upstream repo. And resubmitting patches is damn
easy and patch managment even more so.

That said, i like gerrit, but dont underestimate the first hurdle to
get it working.

                        Attila Kinali

                -- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin