My first time, I attended at the invitation of a friend and coworker. She
basically invited the entire staff at our workplace during our weekly
meeting. This was in Louisville.

I was recently separated, and I knew I needed some positive socialization,
so I showed up. I didn't see my friend, but I was swept into the dance, one
woman after another asking me for the next dance. It definitely made me
feel not only welcome, but actually wanted. I decided that night to attend
as often as possible (luckily, it was weekly).

Jerome Grisanti