  From: Sashidhar Guntury
  To: OpenSceneGraph Users
  Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 4:01 PM
  Subject: [osg-users] osg in Visual C++ Express Edition 2008

  Hi

         I've been using osg in linux this far. Today I tried installing it in
windows vista with VC++ express edition 2008. I also downloaded the latest
cmake from their site and religiously followed the instructions given in the
wiki, but when I tried to configure it, it says visual studio 8.0 was not
found. Could anybody please tell me where am I going wrong?

            Since the building wasn't working, I downloaded the binaries and
installed them. But now wierd things keep happening. A very simple code of just
this -->

                     Unhandled exception at 0x00a10017 in CameraControl.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x004205b8.

  I tried both the debug as well the release build, but the same error is
given. Please help me... :(

                           thanks and happy new year to all the guys at osg :)

  bye
  Sashidhar