Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
Hi Jason,

Ever try DosBox  ( http://dosbox.com/information.php?page=0 ) ?

Yes, of course, but running it on the real hardware is its own reward. :-)

Of course, like I said, it depends on *why* you keep them around. Mind you, I haven't thrown my hardware away, either :-)

Plus, I hate how nothing in DosBox really runs that well (even something that ran well on a 486DX/33 has trouble in DosBox, and I have to spend about 5 minutes each time finding the right settings...).

So I prefer keeping the machines around, getting them out every year or so when I feel like it and having things run exactly like they used to.

In my case I had better luck with DosBox than with the old hardware. It even runs Wing Commander III pretty well on my PC.

--"J"