Hello Paul,

On Mar 22, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Paul Martz wrote:

Hi all -- Here's an update on the 2.8.3 release, and a plea for testing.

The 2.8.3 release is slightly behind my original schedule, but
nonetheless getting close to a release candidate.

ISSUES: There are two open issues at this point:

1. XCode project files need to be updated. (Stephan, will you have any
time to contribute this in the near future, or do we need another
volunteer?)

2. Updates to the DAE plugin and osgManipulators nodekit. These are late
feature requests.

I'm concerned about updating these two modules. The changes for both
these modules are not limited to the modules themselves, and require
changes to core OSG and elsewhere. Many changes on trunk often depend on
previous changes, and chasing all of them down with a high level of
confidence is difficult. It would certainly introduce issues if I missed
any required changes.

Let me make this suggestion: Let's leave DAE and osgManipulators out of
the 2.8.3 release. If someone really wants them, and can't wait for
v2.10 (or v3.0), then we could do a 2.8.4 release. The benefit of this
approach is that it doesn't prevent 2.8.3 from getting out the door in a
timely fashion, should merging these changes produce instability that
would otherwise delay the release.

Does this make sense?
I think so.

Thanks for putting the release together.

Doug