Hello Oliver,

I added to the pbuffertest.cpp directly after viewer.realize();
but I still have the same behaviour (-1 works, -f 1 gives the wglMakeCurrent
error)

Hmmm, seems you are tripping over something else on your hardware... I just remembered you had mentioned in another post that setting the threading model to SingleThreaded didn't work for you either, but in my case it did... So that indicates something else is going on for you.

You've already confirmed that pbuffers are supported by your card and driver, but there may still be a bug in your driver that makes them not work correctly in OSG's usage (which is valid in general except for that thing that I submitted a fix for). Your driver is recent but perhaps there was an obscure bug that was fixed in the latest version, so updating to the most recent would be a first step to at least eliminate that one difference between your machine and mine (other than the card itself of course, but with the same driver the behavior should be similar).

At this point I can't suggest much more than to try to put breakpoints in the OSG code and see what's going on. We don't have your hardware and driver so we can only help so much... You'll need to have a debug build of OSG and the sources of the same version to be able to do this.

In my case, I put a breakpoint in pbuffertest.cpp at the createGraphicsContext() line, stepped into that (F11) which eventually got me to the "new PixelBufferWin32" call.

Then I put a breakpoint in PixelBufferWin32::realizeImplementation(), makeCurrentImplementation() and releaseContextImplementation() and looked at what was going on there, if any errors occured, and the call stack at the point where those functions were called. Looking at the call stack will tell you from which thread the methods are called (either they have main() in them or GraphicsThread or something else).

Hope this helps,

J-S