Hi Juan and Robert,

Thanks for the help, I compiled the pbuffertest code, I had to add this to the
header section to make it work (i'm using osg 2.8.3)

Code:

#include <osg/Notify>
#define OSG_NOTICE OSG_NOTIFY_1(osg::NOTICE)
#define OSG_NOTIFY_1(level) if (osg::isNotifyEnabled(level)) osg::notify(level)

pbuffertest -w
works and makes 100 frames (the viewer window is shortly visible).

pbuffertest -f 1
doesn't work and produces the known error:

Code:

Frame : PixelBufferWin32::makeCurrentImplementation, wglMakeCurrent error: 0Die
angeforderte Ressource wird bereits verwendet.

Test Ecrormoprl:e Otpeedn.
GL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.

(btw, exchanging the OSG_NOTICE with printf gives the correct "Test
completed.\nError: OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics
context." instead of "Test Ecrormoprl:e Otpeedn...." for pbuffertest.exe -f 1)

I installed GPU-Z but couldn't find the OpenGL Extension Information. I
installed the OpenGL Extensions Viewer
(http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html). It confirms that among others

WGL_ARB_pbuffer
WGL_ARB_pixel_format
WGL_ARB_pixel_format

are supported by my nVidia Quadro FX 580 (see screenshot).
Because it sounded like a possible fix, I defined the environment variable
OSG_WIN32_NV_MULTIMON_MULTITHREAD_WORKAROUND to ON, but that changed nothing.

As far as my little knowledge goes, I think that the bug is in the osg code.

Cheers,
Oliver

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/clip1_203.jpg