Hi Robert,

    I will like to clarify on my question.

    I may not know the correct technical terms, but probably you are right, I
am trying to minimize the frame drop rate.

    The scenario is like this:

    I have pre-compiled the data using VPB setting a tile size of 2048 by 2048.
The entire 'terrain' image is over 1GB and this produces about 400+ tiles at
the finest resolution.

    During rendering, I need to do a fly-pass at the finest resolution and
maintaining a frame-rate of 60fps. I realise that the loading time for each
tile is quite significant and this is causing a frame drop. A quick check is
that I did two identical fly-pass consecutively and found that once the data
has been loaded during the first fly-pass, there will not be frame drop for the
second fly-pass.

    This makes me think of trying to pre-load all the tiles into the pager
prior to commencing my fly-pass. What I wanted to know is how can I do this
easily? I am looking at the direction of building a customiser pager to
pre-load all the tiles (of course limited by my memory).

Kind Regards,
Boon Wah