Hi Boon Wah,

ground thread.  Downloading the objects to graphics card is much more
likely to cause frame drops, but for most VPB database on modern
hardware this usually isn't an issue.

>From the sound of it you are setting the tile size to a very high
value, you don't actually say whether you mean imagery or height field
size, if it's imagery then it way too high, if your are referring to
the height field then it's ridiculously high, and in both cases it's
high enough to cause frame drops when downloading the data to GPU.

Is there are reason why you aren't using VPB defaults for tile size?
The defaults 256x256 for imagery, and 64x64 for the height field, and
are chosen to provide a well balanced scene graph that loads and
renders efficiently without framedrops.

Robert.