Hi Boon Wah,

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Boon Wah <boon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>    In VPB, I have set my tile-image-size to 2048 and tile-terrain-size to be
> 2048. The rationale is for me to have larger tiles so as to minimize the
> number of files. My development platform is Windows and it is pretty poor at
> handle large number of files.
>
>    Is it possible to modify the pager such that it caches all my tiles prior
> to performing rendering? I understand it defeats the purpose of paging, but
> in this way the loading time of the tiles can be controlled. I hope somebody
> can guide me in doing this.

The problem is your settings of tile-image-size and tile-terrain-size,
please discard these and use the defaults.

Having a large number of tiles is normal and shouldn't cause any
performance issues even under Windows.  VPB/OSG users are using VPB
generated databases that are multi-terrabyte in size with colossal
numbers of tile, all running a solid 60Hz under windows.

As for caching all your tiles prior to rendering, this rather defeats
the purpose of doing paging, it's designed to be on-demand.  The
DatabasePager does have a cache which is populated as your moving
around the database.  Again leaving this in it's default setting is
normally OK for most users.