Hi Boon,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Boon Wah <boon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>    After some thought, I want to try to make the paging become more
> aggressive and load tiles further away from those in view. As my fly-pass is
> very fast, the paging mechanism must also 'cache' new tiles earlier.
>
>    I am unfamiliar with OSG and require some help in doing so. Does modifying
> the setRange for the PagedLOD object help in achieving my objective?

You can use Camera::setLODScale() to adjust the range used for
PagedLOD child selection, this can be done at the viewer level rather
than at the individual node level so it much more manageable .
However, selecting high res children will result in a higher load on
the CPU and GPU making it more likely that you'll drop frames.

If you want to load tiles in quickly then best way is to use a solid
state disk.  You can also up the number of threads that are doing the
database paging, see the DatabasePager API do details.