Cde Seroke:

The other day, that is, last weekend, I was extremely amazed that the ANC, NEC
and the minister of Police Mr. Nathi Mthethwa has admitted that the struggle
for the emancipation of South Africa was not entirely excluded to the
personality of Nelson Mandela. In an article, which appeared on Sunday
times,20-February-2011, with the caption ' the struggle is not only about
Mandela' Mr. Mthehtwa conceded that " when you say the liberation in South
Africa, people would only thing of Madiba and and not be able to link that if
Madiba was born in 1918 and the ANC in 1912...". This line of argument is
highly appreciated. Remember during our submission at the TRC, Cde Joe
Mkhwanazi submitted that our resolve in 1960 to pick up arms fighting the
imperialist regime was a continuation of a myriad of battles that have been
fought in this country, citing inter alia, the Bambatha rebellion of the 20th
century. It seems, Minister Mthethwa has detoured from the ANC propagandanist
machinery that has been the ANC's utility from the 60's.  quite recently,
Malema  attempted to ridicule the PAC's role in Sharpeville and Langa of the
60's. To buttress Malema imaginations and history revisionist approach , the
ANC publication, the ANC Today, featured the article wherein it asserted that,
the PAC has sought some recognition through the ANC. Mthethwa, has argued that
the ANC will produce a series of chronicles that will deal with the History of
South Africa featuring leaders that left the ANC. Ostensibly, the PAC was in
Mr. Mthethwa mind. however,  I have a fear, that the ANC is not sincere with
this, I believe that It (ANC) will manipulate the facts as some academics who
are related to it have. Key to my excitement to Mr. Mthethwa's intuition is
that, he knows that history must be taught as it is. I know very well that,
such chronicles will be subject of subjectivity. Admittedly, we are in a
disadvantageous position, hostile manipulators of history envelope us from all
comers.

The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
system and destroy any copies.

--
Sending your posting to payco@googlegroups.com