>As near as I can tell from timing of acceptance/rejection, it appears that
>there is a tally of votes >on a photo - when it reaches a threshold of
>either accept or reject, the photo is taken out of the >voting.

I think you're reading more into the process than there is <IMHO>.
My experience is different. I've had images waiting for review for days &
I've had images reviewed in a matter of hours.  I've also voted on the same
image more than once.

> I guess the real problem with a gallery like that is no one wants to see
> quality work of other >humans unless then know them.

Not sure I understand that statement as it relates to this gallery.

I do seem to get more submitted images rejected lately tho, but I thought it
might be their attempt to limit the number posted. For me it seems they have
definitely raised the bar no matter what the mechanism.

Kenneth Waller
http://tinyurl.com/272u2f