Larry Colen wrote:

Nowdays, ours are too. It has become what production was 30-40 years
ago. Also, with the economy, I hear that SM only has fields of 35-40
cars rather than 65-70.

At the last race I worked, which was back in February, the turnout was better than expected, but the Spec Miata crowd did drop from the seventies to the forties or fifties. Their drop was about in line with the drops in the rest of the fields, though, percentage-wise. The economy has taken a lot out of the amateur racing fields, since that's all "luxury" spending.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)