Dear Sung, lists …

Hmm, I think processes, at least over QM level, are generally continuous. So I 
also think the transition between non-life and life is continuous (the 
increasing degree of autokatalysis in the space of organic compounds) - at the 
same time I think this process crosses a critical limit when a stable 
autokatalytic cycle is formed …

Best
F

Den 13/09/2014 kl. 18.09 skrev Sungchul Ji 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
:

Frederik wrote:

" . . . to say non-biological physics is semiotic is a      (091314-1)
bit equivalent to saying that dead matter is living
beings with a zero metabolism,. . . "

I agree.

Do you think it is possible to define terms in such a way that "dead
matter" is "continuous" with "living matter" as Peirce seems to be saying
when he says that "matter is effete mind" ?

With all the best.

Sung

-----------------------------
PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON PEIRCE-L 
to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . To 
UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message not to PEIRCE-L but to [email protected] with the 
line "UNSubscribe PEIRCE-L" in the BODY of the message. More at 
http://www.cspeirce.com/peirce-l/peirce-l.htm .




Reply via email to