Hi all, I would appreciate any comments and corrections.

Please be harsh and friendly:

Copula is the Holy Spirit or,

copula is the network that connects the subject with the predicate in unity
in the form of a symbol that gives meaning/understanding.

That would make the subject God and Ground.

That would make the predicate Jesus and Correlate.

But Jesus is not God.  He is the Word.  And the Word was God.

So, we have:

*BEING (Jesus, predicate)*

Quality (Reference to a Ground),

Relation (Reference to a Correlate),

Representation (Reference to an Interpretant),

*SUBSTANCE  (God, subject)*

and

*What is. (Jesus, predicate, Second, Indices, Reference to Imm. Object)*

Quale—that which refers to a ground,

Relate—that which refers to ground and correlate,

Representamen—that which refers to ground, correlate, and interpretant.

*It. (God, subject, First, Likenesses, Icons, Reference to Ground)*

_______

"This paper is based upon the theory already established, that the function
of conceptions is to reduce the manifold of sensuous impressions to unity,
and that the validity of a conception consists in the impossibility of
reducing the content of consciousness to unity without the introduction of
it.

This passage from the many to the one is numerical."

~Peirce, On a New List of Categories

one, two, three...CP 5.189...C, A, B...God, Jesus, Holy Spirit...

"This theory gives rise to a conception of gradation among those
conceptions which are universal. For one such conception may unite the
manifold of sense and yet another may be required to unite the conception
and the manifold to which it is applied; and so on...

I extend logic to embrace all the necessary principles of semeiotic, and I
recognize a logic of icons, and a logic of indices, as well as a logic of
symbols

…it is generally said that the three normative sciences are logic, ethics,
and esthetics, being the three doctrines that distinguish good and bad.”

~ Peirce

“…Thus philosophy (logic, ethics, esthetics) as the study of the Ought or
the norms became separated from science as the study of the Is.”

~Leo Strauss, The City and Man

Therefore, this would make *Is* not *It* but related.

But then, how do we know a good *Is* from a bad *Is*?  What’s Beautiful?

Is the more conscious adoption of a proposition in the form of CP 5.189
really necessary to reduce the content of consciousness to unity?

Thanks,

Jerry Rhee