Jerry,
when a mirror appears in the field of sight, then the eye can see itself. Its owner may ask him/herself: What is behind that mirror? But the mirror is there, so behind it is also what is behind the eye. But the world too. So it is the (eye-owner´s) world, and the owner of the world, being a part of it. All that is a reflection in another mirror, a bit further away. Solipsism is assuming an endless series of mirrors behind mirrors. Sounds like hell. Can you show a way out, for Quasimodo of Notre-Dame, and us all? Something like transcendence or what ever?
Best,
Helmut

21. Februar 2018 um 20:53 Uhr
Von: "Jerry Rhee" <jerryr...@gmail.com>

Dear list,

Speaking of the person who sees the vase, who happens to be a Quasi-mind:

5.6

The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.

5.61

Logic fills the world: the limits of the world are also its limits.

We cannot therefore say in logic: This and this there is in the world, that there is not.

For that would apparently presuppose that we exclude certain possibilities, and this cannot be the case since otherwise logic must get outside the limits of the world: that is, if it could consider these limits from the other side also.

What we cannot think, that we cannot think: we cannot therefore say what we cannot think.

5.62

This remark provides a key to the question, to what extent solipsism is a truth.

In fact what solipsism means, is quite correct, only it cannot be said, but it shows itself.

That the world is my world, shows itself in the fact that the limits of the language (the language which I understand) mean the limits of my world.

5.63

I am the world. (The microcosm.)

5.633

Where in the world is a metaphysical subject to be noted?

You say that this case is altogether like that of the eye and the field of sight. But you do not really see the eye.

And from nothing in the field of sight can it be concluded that it is seen from an eye.

5.6331

For the field of sight has not a form like this:

http://www.kfs.org/jonathan/witt/f56331.gif

5.64

Here we see that solipsism strictly carried out coincides with pure realism. The I in solipsism shrinks to an extensionless point and there remains the reality co-ordinated with it.

There is in the dictionary a word, solipsism, meaning the belief that the believer is the only existing person. Were anybody to adopt such a belief, it might be difficult to argue him out of it. But when a person finds himself in the society of others, he is just as sure of their existence as of his own, though he may entertain a metaphysical theory that they are all hypostatically the same ego.

Hth,

Jerry R