Jon,

As I said before, “Fregean interpretation” is Bellucci’s label for your
position, which I assumed you were already familiar with. Whether it should be
called “pejorative” or not, I don’t know. Here is his note on the subject from
Peirce’s Speculative Grammar (p. 350):

[[ Peirce's distinction between the immediate and the dynamic object of a sign
has often been taken to account for something similar to the Fregean
distinction between Sinn and Bedeutung, and accordingly it has been assumed
that the immediate object should have something to do with the “meaning” or
“sense” of a sign. For a criticism of this interpretation see Bellucci (2015c).
Here I can observe that, as Peirce explains to Lady Welby, “signification is
only one of the two chief functions of signs; as the elegant and correct John
of Salisbury notices, in referring to ‘quod £ere in omnium ore celebre est,
aliud scilicet esse quod appellativa significant, et aliud esse quod nominant.
Nominantur singularia, sed universalia significantur’” (RL 463 ISP 148). A sign
both denotes and connotes, nominat and significat. It denotes its object and
signifies its interpretant. It says something, and also indicates that of which
it says what it says. If it is thought that the dynamic object corresponds to
what the sign nominat, while the immediate object to what the sign significat —
as, for example, Mats Bergman does when he says that the “aspect of saying
something about something in some manner is conceptualized as the immediate
object in distinction from the dynamical object that encompasses identification
and demarcation” (2008, 86) — the result would be precisely that confusion
between the object and the interpretant of a sign against which Peirce warned
us. As far as I know, the only Peirce scholar who has fully recognized that the
immediate object of a sign has nothing to do with its “meaning” is Frederik
Stjernfelt: “neither the Immediate Object nor the Dynamic Object is concerned
with descriptive characters — this is left to the meaning categories. Both deal
with the identity of reference" (2014, 98). ]]

And Bellucci 2015 is here:
http://www.sss.ut.ee/index.php/sss/article/view/SSS.2015.43.4.02. Since you’ve
been arguing against it since it was mentioned on the list some time ago, I
mistakenly assumed you had read it.

Gary f.