From: Julio Huato

I voted -- and asked people -- to vote for Obama.  I made my case on
the grounds of what would better advance the class struggle.  I still
think that, with the information then known, it was the best decision.
 I didn't think I had high hopes or expectations about him as an
individual.  I did think though that, under the right conditions, his
personal background made it possible for him to become a decisive
reformer, even if not an FDR.  But I think I was entirely wrong on
that.  He is not one of us.  Period.  I don't entirely understand his
motivations, but that matters little now.  I am convinced that this
decision offsets anything historically progressive that Obama may
accomplish -- if at all.

^^^^^^^^^

CB:  The escalation of troops in Afghanistan is very bad.   He also
announced a specifice timetable for exit, which is good.

I don't think this action prevents his carrying out significant
reforms. Probably makes reforms more likely.
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to