On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM, c b <[email protected]> wrote:
> CB:  The escalation of troops in Afghanistan is very bad.   He also
> announced a specifice timetable for exit, which is good.


Well, I won't be holding my breath waiting for the Afghanistan
pullout. Not only that, I am not even convinced an immediate US
withdrawal is good for Afghans. After all we might very well see the
return of the Taliban, and worse, even Pakistan may get destabilized.
Not sure there are *any* good options there.

That's why I personally withhold judgment on Obama based on
Afghanistan. I am far more disappointed in his endless groveling
before the Wall St bankers, and that's where I'd look for reforms.
-raghu.




-- 
Have you ever noticed? Anybody driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone driving faster is a maniac?"
_______________________________________________
pen-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/pen-l

Reply via email to