> Please people, we (the pharo “core” team) cannot do everything.
> We do not have the manpower or the resources to hire manpower.
> We would like, but we just do not have the resources
> (is already a blessing that we can work on this, for now: INRIA is paying,
> but what it pays is *research*, not “pharo the language”, so this is a
> collateral advantage….)

> So, having an OPEN SOURCE project, with limited resources means that there is
> a lot of things that depend on the community.
> It depends on the community not just to fix, but to enlarge the ecosystem in
> general too.

It is a matter of tolerance and patience.

You keep doing your great job, but accept that we, outside of the
internal, core, revolutionary research being made, might have mundane
necessities. That on the daily basis have more importance than a
futuristic 128bit manycore vm that kicks JVM's ass :D

> So, I refuse to believe that we cannot be a cool and helpful community.

We are.

Email sometimes is counterproductive to the health of the
communication. It's like a fence between us.
And as the saying, transliterated, goes: "We're like dogs barking at
both sides of the fence that when together they smell at each other
and waggle their tails." :)

> In conclusion: not helping does not help :)

Please consider than USING Pharo is a way to contribute to it.
Even if you had infinite manpower but no one uses it, it would be worthless.

> Esteban, still grateful of belonging to this community
ditto :)

Regards!