Zeev Suraski wrote:
> Ok, just wondering, can you explain why, for an average person,
> learning PHP takes an average of the time it takes to learn Java?

  Java has a much higher learning curve, because it more or less forces
  the programmer to use object orientation. Which, for medium to large
  applications is a Good Thing[TM]. However, people who have never
  programmed before have their problems with OOP.

> We can't have it all, there's a price to staying simple.  We have a
> pretty good mix today, and we're already stirring a bit towards
> complexity with PHP 5.  It should not become a trend.

  But I may dream? :)

--
  Sebastian Bergmann
  http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                 http://phpOpenTracker.de/