Zeev Suraski wrote:
> PHP can become stronger, but it will NEVER make a shift and become
> Java.

  I don't want it to become Java.

  I want PHP to stay as simple as possible for beginners, simpler if
  possible as Shane pointed out. Regarding this I think once the
  PEAR/PECL infrastructure is in place and people get used to it I think
  installation and customization of PHP will become easier.

  But, as I said before, I don't understand why simplicity should mean in
  its consequence that software designs you find these days in the Java
  World cannot be done with PHP. The essence (in one sentence) of what I
  would like to see:

    I love PHP, but I would like to design and implement my application
    the same way I could do with Java.

--
  Sebastian Bergmann
  http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                 http://phpOpenTracker.de/