Hi,

> > And doesn't ZE2 address almost all of those OO related things?
>
>   It does. Personally, I'm missing two things in Zend Engine 2.0:
>   interfaces and private methods. Both are not really critical, as they
>   don't aim at solving technical problems, but social ones during the
>   design process.

Private methods would be very nice to have. Like you said, technically it
doesn't matter, but it makes it easier to 'educate' people.

Example: I have written some classes for my company, and I made docs that
explained all the available methods. Now a co-worker had a look at the
sources, and decided that a few 'internal/undocumented' functions were
useful to him... Since I didn't know those functions were used outside the
class, I changed them and broke some of his code.

The obvious sollution would be to educate my co-worker about using
undocumented features, but doing this through programming language
constructs makes this a lot easier (and I can be SURE nobody uses that code
where they shouldn't).

Just my personal reasons why I would like private methods :)
Sander.