> To: php-general@lists.php.net
> From: t...@marston-home.demon.co.uk
> Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 22:37:44 +0100
> Subject: Re: [PHP] Obeying the rules (was Simple login form with cookies)
>

> "Still Learnin'" <ssski...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> It is arbitrary. It is petty. It is about someone's idea of perfection.
> >
> > One of us clearly manifests a reality gap. How many people do you
> > have siding with your position, on this list?

> >> That's why other newsgroups allow top posting because the response in
> >> each post is at the top, where the newsreader starts, so you don't have
> >> to scroll over the text of the previous post to get to the important
> >> stuff.
> >
> > This is not a newsgroup. It is an email list that archives emails
> > on the php.net web site, and has a newsgroup subscribed.
>
> It *is* a newsgroup because I can access it through my newsreader. I can
> recieve copies of posts in my email client, but I can only post using my
> newsreader.
>
> >> If a thread contained 30 posts would you really want the text of all 30
> >> contained in the same message? How difficult would it be to separate one
> >> message from another?
> >
> > What broken program (or script) puts the text of 30 posts into the
> > same post? You seem to be grasping at straws.
>
> When you hit "reply" in your newsreader what happens? It creates a new post
> with the original message quoted in its entirety. Some newsreadrs then
> posiition the cursor at the  top ready for your reply, while others position
> it at the bottom. If this happens 30 times then the last post contains
> copies of the all the previous 29 messages.

> >> So what are the rules about snipping then?
> >
> > You're the 30-year professional, figure them out. I'm Still Learnin'
>
> Why should I have to figure it out? Surely some little Hitler has created a
> rule so that the rest of us sheep don't have to think for ourselves?
>
> --
> Tony Marston
> http://www.tonymarston.net
> http://www.radicore.org

Someone has got to pay for this!!!
How dare you interrupt my 30years vampiric sleep over such trivial issue as top
posting?. Now Tony you've been a good lad but this has got to end now! What's
all the fuss about you not been able to abide by the rules here? If you can't
abide, then simply leave (methinks the person that sent the mail in your name
was actually trying to do you a favour).
On the other hand, Daniel, what happened to that button with which you can ban
any defauters on the list? is it broken?
Moreover, there seem to be one point that everybody's been missing all the
while. since this argument started (or specifically somewhere along the line),
Marston actually started following the rules. He has stopped top-posting
without him even knowing it. Check his last few replies and you'll see.

The sun is up now so I got to return to my coven.

No more arguments guys.

Alugo Abdulazeez
http://www.frangeovic.com