this all started when rasmus had a problem with the "click" in my original
post and i think i proved that if you are a member of the php development
you better not stray from what the php gods think or else you will get
hanged in public or even banned or ignored.

then i suggested that zend isn't really doing much to "develop" an encoder
or accelerator since one guy has been able to do the same thing and rasmus
is like of course not silly if microsoft sold their products for what they
cost it would be $0.02.

so fine zend is ripping people off, what's the point?  well it has been
damaging to php is my point.  no one knows what php is and no one will pay
you to do php.  why blame zend on this?  no matter what rasmus says that 600
people have access to the cvs, php is zend and zend is php.

after that is when all the little minions started acting tough so that the
cool kids would like them better.

here's the original post that i made, maybe people should reread it:
---
There is a free php accelerator so I don't know why you would pay for one.
www.php-accelerator.co.uk

The same guy (Nick) has also just made an encoder.  It is in beta testing
right now and there's no windows version yet but that should be coming soon.
I think it's like $0.50 to encode your program which is much more
affordable.
http://www.php-encoder.com

I think the problem with zend is that they have put up the guise that php is
an opensource project but to actually use it in production you had to pay
several thousands every year for the accelerator and the encoder.  It kinda
feels like a bait and switch to me which is why I personally think zend is
bad for php.  Just do a search for jobs for asp, cf or jsp.  There are a ton
of jobs for these languages and you would be lucky to find one for a php
developer.  So zend rakes in the money and does no real marketing with that
money for php is the way I see it.

You'll never hear anything from the core php group since they are a tight
click so it's business as usual.  Now that Nick has released the free
accelerator and an inexpensive ($0.50 per shot) encoder it might change but
I don't know if it's too late.