On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 5:42 AM, Jakob Eriksson <ja...@aurorasystems.eu>wrote:

Don't confuse the silence of the majority for consent, one way or another,
> it's like politics. The most vocal proponents of any standpoint, are not
> likely to represent any majority.  And I haven't even touched on the
> possibility that the majority can be wrong. Right or wrong or correct
> or useful is not decided in a popularity contest.

In a world where all is (1's) and (0's) making the machine bow to your
vision is a
complex undertaking. You can use remote robotic constructions which are
simply
abstracted abstractions of a belief system or you can work more closely to
what
you are thinking of having happen. It doesn't matter what the world thinks
or what
the experts declare but it often has something to do with ego, bias and
money.

Lisp as written about across the net and through interviews and books comes
with
a guarantee, it is smaller code, faster development and more direct
expression
and now computing power has caught up but mindset lags.

> PicoLisp is old, but
> PicoLisp in a sense is very new - in the area where I personally see most
> potential (embedded in embedded hardware and embedded in programs), it has
> had a proprietary friendly license only since 2010. On the server it gained
> a 64 bit port only in 2009 and for reference and research a Java version
> 2010.
> Super easy library calling also came with the 64 bit version.

Perhaps a look at what Perl, Ruby, Python et al did to become popular holds
the
clue to the logical step to promoting Picolisp to the  next level. Ruby got
RAILS
and things got all excited. Is there a framework that Picolisp could bolt
on that
would allow neat things to be experienced? A couple of web applications that
could promote its name? Little tools that could be linked into the
framework or
apps that people could use immediately like a blogger or display for
pictures for
those who don't use things like drupal or flickr or can take personal
stored material
and quickly make it go to those places with automagic logins and uploads?

Just some thoughts.

Terry