--- On Mon, 1/23/12, Jakob Eriksson <ja...@aurorasystems.eu> wrote:
> The Java version opens up the path to Android jobs - and I
> have an impression that those are still a kind of Wild West.

I have a (slightly hacked) version of miniPicoLisp running as an android native
library as a proof of concept.  No no additional java interpretation penalty.

The C-compiler (gcc?) for the ARM processor used in android ndk-build has odd
ideas about function alignment that gave me a hard time until I saw what was
happening.

My thought is that now I have a new tool - a way to make picolisp and pilog
(prolog) work in android, but will do the UI in java like most android apps.

Not sure if porting the full PicoLisp to androig ndk jni would be easier or
harder then the Cygwin port, say. The Cygwin port wasn't difficult ...
until we discovered the Many Joys of Win32 file locking.

But miniPicoLisp is pure, and easier to port.

:-)