I was never happy with the packaged Picolisp version being so much behind
the official one. Is it much of a problem to provide .deb installers on the
official site (for Debian and *buntu distros)?

Or, an universal binary that checks all the required dependencies and
compiles the latest version?

Simply something easy for people who are not yet quite comfortable with
compiling...

--- Sent from mobile phone