AndrewFG;614242 Wrote:
> Do you have anything special concerning user rights, AV software,
> routers, or firewalls that might be slowing down the pipeline between
> Whitebear and the CLI ??

I do not think so. I use Windows firewall on both computers. On the Win
XP computer running SBS I have Microsoft Security Essentials and on the
Win 7 computer I have NOD32. I have an Internet cable wireless router
and an additional access point for the wireless network (because I live
in an 1886 apartment building with very thick walls), but I turned off
the access point and the result was the same. (The two machines are
connected via ethernet anyeway.) One of the four Squeezeboxes is
running ethernet through the electrical cords (beacause of the thick
walls) with no encryption (because I did not get that to work and I
trust my neighbours).

I used PuTTY on the SBS machine setting the IP address to localhost
instead of the local IP address, and MC, running on another machine,
must have used the local IP address or the PC name for the local
network. This is the only thing I can come to think of.

The UAC is set to standard (default) on the Win 7 machine and I am not
running MC as an administrator.

I suspected that Erland's Custom Skip plugin could be interfering with
the requests but since not even a SBS environment without any plugins
would provide acceptable results I gave up that suspicion.

Thanks again for trying to help!

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on
iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.5.4 on
Win XP