vagskal;614251 Wrote:
> I used PuTTY on the SBS machine setting the IP address to localhost
> instead of the local IP address, and MC, running on another machine,
> must have used the local IP address or the PC name for the local
> network. This is the only thing I can come to think of.Whitebear is running
> on the same machine as SC, so in theory it could
connect to the SC CLI via 127.0.0.1:9090 local host. But in fact in the
current version it connects to the CLI via the PC's external IPv4
address. It is conceivable that with your (quite complex) network
configuration, the CLI call is somehow going around the house rather
than just looping back inside the local host, and this may indeed
explain the slowdown. In any case I think it would be a valid speed
enhancement if I would change it to use 127.0.0.1:9090 local host in
the next release.

By the way, what version of JR MC are you running? I just tried a
library connect using JR MC v16beta, and this takes 38 minutes to
download the information of my 9200 tracks; as compared to JR MC v15
which only takes 28 minutes.

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver