vagskal;614251 Wrote:
> I suspected that Erland's Custom Skip plugin could be interfering with
> the requests but since not even a SBS environment without any plugins
> would provide acceptable results I gave up that suspicion.I don't know very
> much about Erlands plug-ins. However I could imagine
that he is also talking to SC via its CLI interface (???) So far as I
know, SC should be able to handle multiple open connections onto its
CLI interface, but I can imagine that internally inside SC it may have
Critical Section locks to as to serialise parallel external CLI
requests into sequential calls on the database. And this would mean
that if Erland is (say) issuing CLI requests and waiting a long time
before reading back the answers, then other CLI calls (e.g. Whitebear)
might get stuck at the end of the queue... => Perhaps we can ask Erland
to have a look at this?

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver