PasTim wrote:
> The sqlite 'vacuum' command takes the custom scan database (persist.db),
> and completely rebuilds it.  This seems to make database lookups much
> quicker.  Why it becomes fragmented I am not sure, but see
> https://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html for a description of the command.

To speed up the scanning process, Custom Scan will delete existing data
and add new one as it scans the files again, this can probably cause the
fragmentation.

I would like to add it to the plugin so it is easy to run, but it sounds
like it can't be executed while the database is used so it's probably
pointless.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.