nidzo wrote:

> -first of all, in *CS* the *Various Setting* page doesn't show up, no
> answer at all. it keeps waiting till connection dies. i have another PC
> LMS installation (for testing purpose) and there it works. i tried to
> unistall and install again ... same story. what can i do?

Try to delete the Custom Scan data, you can do this with the "Clear"
links in the Custom Scan settings page in the "Manage Scanning" sub
section. Please notice that the delete operation is likely going to take
long time and the server will hang completely while it's executed. Also
notice that you need to perform a rescan with Custom Scan afterwards to
get back the Custom Scan data.

The general problem is likely that the Synology NAS you are using isn't
fast enough so I can't promise you won't get the same problem after the
rescan.

nidzo wrote:

> -i have defined some custom tags, expecially for classical music (but i
> am not using multiple libraries) and created some *Mixed Tags Menus*.
> with all of them it happens the same: no answer at all and web page
> keeps waiting till connection dies. no problem with other build-in menus
> like *Custom Tags Album*.

It's performance related, the Mixed Tags Menus requires better
performance of the server running LMS than the Custom Tags Albums menu.

nidzo wrote:

> -i would like to define a ALBUMSUBTITLE tag, where i put different album
> versions (eg: 2005 remastered, 24bit rem, complete box set, etcetc). the
> point is that these informations should be displayed in the *Now Playing
> Pane* (ALBUM + ALBUMSUBTITLE). in general, is there any way to show
> custom informations directly in the *Now Playing song pane*? (web and
> controller...).

Depends on the Squeezebox, it's possible through title formats if you
have a Squeezebox Classic/Boom/Transporter but it's not possible on
Squeezebox Touch/Radio/Duet. However, on Squeezebox Touch/Radio/Duet
it's possible to use my Custom Clock applet to design your own Now
Playing screen and by using this you can also use title formats in it.

Just note that you should probably not invest too much in using custom
tags if you plan to continue using the Synology NAS for LMS because for
each tag you add to the Custom Scan configuration Custom Browse menus is
likely going to get slower. Make sure to get a 30-day evaluation license
to Custom Clock and try it out in your environment before you make a
real purchase if you are interested in using Custom Clock.

nidzo wrote:

> -in *Now Playing pane*, links to artist, album, track are present in 2
> places: in the list of songs, and in the upper *now playing song*. the
> behaviour in the 2 sections is very different. the first one links to
> custom browse info pane. the second one links to standard LMS menus.

Hmm, I should probably make the "Override standard track details"
setting in Custom Browse also apply to the browse menus. Have to
investigate if this is possible.
If I change that you would get the standard song info in all places,
would that work or do you want Custom Browse behaviour in all places ?

nidzo wrote:

> besides, if i add addicional custom parts to TITLE, they are displayed
> in the list of songs, but they are not in the Playng song section. and
> they are not displayed on the remote......

This is a limitation of the Logitech code, the now playing section can't
be customised much unfortunately.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.