Chunkywizard wrote:

> My library is ~20000 tracks, my backup file is 13,573K and it takes many
> hours to restore. Is this right?

It can take significant time, it will take very long if you have the
"Find alternative files" option enabled in TrackStat settings page. This
option makes it possible to re-connect statistics if you have moved the
music library from one drive to another but if you just want to restore
statistics in the same setup where you haven't changed any file/path
names you can disable this. It's possible to disable it while the backup
is running.

The main performance problem is probably that it tries to run it in
background so it doesn't lock LMS completely but as you have already
seen this doesn't work very good when playing music as it still slows
down the system too much so you get audio disruption while playing.

Chunkywizard wrote:

> Also, It is possible to give some progress indication, ie like the
> scanning process?

There will be a "Restore completed at 2014-04-02 13:12:35" message in
the server.log when it's finished.

There is currently no progress reporting while it runs and I agree that
I should probably try to arrange some progress reporting for a future
version.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))

*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream -  A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.