nidzo wrote:
> Hi PasTim
> on my synology, it turns out that sqlite3 is already installed. so, i
> will try this "solution" and i will tell you my experience. but, what is
> this supposed to do, (more or less) exactly?
> Thanks
> Nidzo
On my system, every time I do a Custom Scan to rebuild my library, some
music selection menus are quite slow, and the custom scan 'various
settings' menu can take ages to come up.

The sqlite 'vacuum' command takes the custom scan database (persist.db),
and completely rebuilds it.  This seems to make database lookups much
quicker.  Why it becomes fragmented I am not sure, but see
https://sqlite.org/lang_vacuum.html for a description of the command.

I should have also previously said that you can only run the command
when LMS is not running.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 13.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Wireless Xubuntu 12.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium.   Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft.