nidzo wrote:
> Hi Erland, and everybody
> -first of all, in *CS* the *Various Setting* page doesn't show up, no
> answer at all. it keeps waiting till connection dies. i have another PC
> LMS installation (for testing purpose) and there it works. i tried to
> unistall and install again ... same story. what can i do?

When I had very long delays on this (several minutes), performing the
following (on my ubuntu system running LMS) fixed it:

Code:
--------------------

  sqlite3 /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/persist.db "vacuum;"

It takes several minutes to run.

To do this I needed to install sqlite3, and then change the permissions
on persist.db to allow me to run this.  I don't know enough about your
NAS to know what the exact method would be.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 13.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Wireless Xubuntu 12.04 laptop controls LMS via Chromium.   Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft.