Regardless of the length of buffer and timeout I have set, iPlayer is
buffering every 5 seconds to the extent it is unusable.
I have had a much milder form of this problem for a few months now.
Most programs would not play all the way through without buffering to
some extent and often would stop altogether with a "cannot find..." type
error message on the Controller. If that happened I had to leave it for
a minute or two and then restart the program which would commence from
the beginning.

I had assumed it was my network, however the iPlayer phone app would not
skip and all other streaming worked fine on a 30MBS fibre internet
connection.

This occurred worst with DASH but also with HLS.

Matt
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9
*Network:* TP-Link Archer VR200 VDSL modem/router, TP-Link access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp, B&W
CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers