Just quickly looking through your post - one item stands out

TheLastMan wrote:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > [16-09-15 08:08:26.0559] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (204) -
DASH asynchttp failed Get from http://time.akamai.com/?iso - Connect timed out:
--------------------

This is a request to Akamai for its current Time of day - necessary for
DASH and not used by HLS.  This is separate server from BBC stuff and
replies usually come with minimal delay (unlike audio requests).  I am
surprised to see it fail.  DASH cannot work without this answer.

You can test it by entering the URL ( http://time.akamai.com/?iso  ) in
your browser  - it will reply with a single text line.

Do you operate an IPv6 home network ? I used to have terrible DNS
problem/delays until I turned off IPv6 DNS lookups in the modem - my
ISP's modem used to IPv6 lookups first and then IPV4 lookup.  I suspect
since you moved to fibre, it will try to use IPv6.