Jon,

I have been running ProofPower under Fedora for many years now. A long time ago, Rob and I established that the following yum command gave us the prerequisites needed for ProofPower (apart from OpenMotif itself, which is not properly open source) after a standard Fedora install:

yum install \
  gcc-c++ \
  polyml \
  texlive-latex \
  libXp-devel \
  libXext-devel \
  libXmu-devel \
  libXt-devel \
  xorg-x11-fonts-misc

It would be useful to know if anything is missing after entering this command, which you need to run as root. (I believe the package gcc-c++ will give you g++.)

There are a couple of things Fedora users need to know though.

1. OpenMotif is available via yum from the RPM Fusion repository. If you add the RPM Fusion repository to your system, you mustn't use the version of OpenMotif that it supplies - see my previous message here for details:
http://lemma-one.com/pipermail/proofpower_lemma-one.com/2010-January/000592.html
If you don't use RPM Fusion, don't worry about this!

2. With Fedora 16 and later, the GNOME 3 shell is the default and this breaks the Motif Text widget, making Xpp very cumbersome to use. (At least on x86-64 platforms.) The solution is to use fallback mode: in 'System Settings' -> 'System Info' -> 'Graphics', set 'Forced Fallback Mode' to 'On'. This issue has now been officially noted as an OpenMotif bug here:
http://bugs.motifzone.net/long_list.cgi?buglist=1551

Regards,

Phil