On 01:56 PM 3/28/01 -0800, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:

>For systematic troubleshooting, there is a generic process I call
>chunking. Take the design and divide it into two parts, each approximately
>half of the design. You can do this on the PCB, since nets are carried by
>the pads. Delete the parts in one half (obviously you are doing this with
>a copy of your design so you can completely screw it up without losing
>anything). If the autorouter now runs, the problem is probably in the half
>you deleted. By extending and following this process recursively, you may
>be able to find, in a few operations, exactly what part or primitive is
>causing difficulties.

Shrewd method, Mr Lomax...IMO, this one deserves inclusion into the FAQ

regards,

aj

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793

* To join or leave this list visit: